Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

03.28.12

Sometimes I just love easy-peasy 4-ingredient dinners.


Really, really love them. Tonight, since it was our second afternoon of ballet this week, it was great that I could make these Chicken-Bacon Bundles ahead of time. When we got home from ballet they got popped in the oven and 20 minutes later dinner was on the table. This idea came from Quick Dish by Tablespoon but I altered the assembly of them just a bit.

Cheesy Chicken and Bacon Bundles


4-6 slices of thick-cut bacon, cooked till crisp and crumbled
3/4 c shredded cheddar cheese (I used a Mexican Blend--not seasoned)
1 c cooked chicken, cubed
1 can of refrigerated crescent rolls

Roll out the sheet of crescent rolls and press the seams to seal them a bit. Cut the sheet of dough into 8 rectangles.


Using one crescent dough rectangle at a time, pile up a little shredded cheese, then bacon, the chicken, then more cheese.


Bring the corners of the rectangle up to the center and press them together to form your bundle.


I refrigerated them until I was ready to cook them--about 4 hours.

When they are ready to bake, preheat oven to 375°. Place the bundles on a cookie sheet lined with parchment. Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden brown.


Look delicious, right? They were!  I served them with a huge green salad. Great dinner.

I'm thinking that this idea could really work for many fillings:
  • chicken, cheese and broccoli
  • leftover steak, cheese, and mushroom
  • chicken in gravy and mixed vegetables
  • chicken or steak fajita bundles



I'll keep thinking of more....

No comments:

Post a Comment