Search This Blog

Saturday, March 10, 2012

03.10.2012

Sorry to say that we had leftover "Sunday Gravy" from the freezer tonight for dinner. Family recipe. Can't divulge. Meatballs (some with raisins, some without,) pork, beef bracciole. Yum.

I also had homemade fettuccine leftover in the freezer too. The kids and I made a huge batch over February vacation.



I know, "ooooh, homemade pasta! How DO you do it?" Seriously, it's insanely easy and so worth it. I make it in the food processor. I'm sure my Gramma A is rolling over in her grave. But, I believe if she were alive today, she'd make use of the Cuisenart too.

Foolproof Pasta recipe

Makes about 8 servings

3 1/2 to 4 cups of all purpose flour
4 whole eggs
1 egg yolk
1 1/2 tsp olive oil

Pulse in the food processor until the dough comes together. Don't over mix.
Pour it onto a floured board and knead just slightly. Wrap in plastic-wrap and let it rest about a 1/2 hour or so.

Now, a pasta machine is really what makes this an easy project. I cut my dough into 4 pieces and roll out one at a time. I roll mine up to the "5" on the dial, then cut them with the fettuccine setting. I hang the noodles on the clothes drying rack we take camping! Let it dry a few hours and then carefully remove them and you can freeze them for several months in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment