Search This Blog

Monday, March 12, 2012

03.12.12

My favorite sandwich in the whole world is a leftover Thanksgiving turkey sandwich with stuffing and cranberry sauce. There used to be a great ice cream shop in Burlington, Massachusetts that roasted turkeys too (I know, weird combination.) They made the most amazing Thanksgiving turkey sandwich on a nice warm, soft braided roll. It was heavenly. Oddly enough, I never had an ice cream from that place, only the sandwich.

Well, when it's a Monday night and there isn't a lot of time to cook and I don't necessarily have leftover turkey and stuffing, my next favorite sandwich in the whole wide world is a turkey, brie, and cranberry panini.


It's an easy-peasy sandwich to put together with just low sodium deli turkey and a small can of cranberry sauce. The brie melts so beautifully and makes you think it couldn't possibly be a Monday night dinner.

Turkey, brie, and cranberry panini (makes 4  sandwiches)

3/4 pound of low sodium deli turkey
small can of jellied cranberry sauce (use chunky if you want, but it's a bit messier)
4 oz of brie
8 slices of hearty bread (tonight I used ciabatta)


Roll the turkey slices into cigar shapes and place on one slice of bread.
Top the turkey with slices of brie. (I've never used another kind of cheese because I love the brie so much, but I'm sure you could use cheddar, or fontina, or another good melting cheese.)
Put "slices" of the jellied cranberry sauce on top and top the sandwich with another slice of bread.

Place the sandwiches in a panini press and press for about 6 to 8 minutes until the cheese is melty and the bread is toasty.

Yum.


No comments:

Post a Comment