Search This Blog

Monday, April 2, 2012

4.2.12

I had plans to make "Sunday Gravy" today (meatballs, sausages, etc.) But my shower surround was being replaced today and I wasn't up to cooking with the dust and smells of bathroom remodeling in the house. I was going to run to the store to get something, but the installer didn't leave until close to 5:00. So, I whipped up a last minute Buffalo Chicken Salad!

I don't have any pictures...sorry.  It was tasty though, so I'll make it again and be sure to photograph my creation next time.

I use this technique for making buffalo flavored chicken for buffalo chicken quesadillas, buffalo chicken panini, and other tasty treats that make you think you're eating an order of Buffalo Wings.

Buffalo Chicken Salad with Bleu Cheese Dressing (serves 2)

6 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce
6 chicken tenders
6 cups  lettuce leaves, chopped
2 celery stalks, sliced into 1/4 inch slices
1 carrot, sliced into 1/4 inch slices
Bleu Cheese Dressing

Melt the butter in a sauté pan and add the hot sauce. Place the chicken in the sauce and simmer for about 6 minutes on one side, turn and simmer until cooked through--another 5 or 6 minutes.

Divide the lettuce, celery and carrot between two plates. Remove chicken tenders from the pan and cut into bite sized pieces. Top each salad with some chicken and dress the salad with bleu cheese dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment